While this last year and a half has been very challenging for everyone due to Covid-19, we have been so proud to continue to offer a space of wellness and health at Avant. Whether in clinic for visits or on telehealth, patients have had amazing success stories. This is due to the willingness of our staff and our patient community to uphold our rigorous safety protocols and show up with their game faces on. Please read on to understand how we have adapted our safety plan to meet the standards set forth by the CDC and by Governor Inslee for health care facilities. Expectations for both our staff and our patients are specified.
But first! A few things to clarify.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that you have had 2 weeks since your last dose of Pfizer or Moderna or 2 weeks since your only dose of Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- Symptoms of Covid-19 include, but are not limited to the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain unrelated to activity
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Please bring your own mask to PT.
Staff health standards: Our fully vaccinated staff and volunteers continue to maintain our high standards of in clinic sanitation and hygiene with some updates to meet Covid-19 protocols.
- Self-screening for any symptoms of Covid-19 daily
- Temperature checks prior to work each day
- PPE including a 3 layer medical mask for all patient interactions and gloves as requested by patient or preferred by provider
- Hand washing between every patient and after manual therapy as appropriate
- Exhaustive cleaning of all plinths, exercise equipment, and any surfaces regularly touched by staff or patients
- Linens are laundered between each use
Patient standards and responsibilities:
- All patients should self screen for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and reschedule or modify their appointment to telehealth as appropriate.
- If you have been advised to quarantine due to exposure, please call Avant to reschedule your appointment or modify it to a telehealth visit.
- At least a double layer mask is required for appointments. We ask that you do not utilize a buff as our experience is that they do not stay in place during exercise. Your mask should completely cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to your visit. You can use the restrooms at 3rd and Broad.
- Your temperature will be checked prior to each visit. If your temperature exceeds 99.5 degrees, you will be asked to return to your home.
- Please bring your own water bottle to PT, this both helps with the environmental impact of waste and diminishes contact surfaces.
What if you’ve been diagnosed with Covid-19?: You can return to PT 10 days following first onset of symptoms assuming you have been fever free for 48 hours with no medication needed to break a fever in this time frame.
Please check back to this page on our website as recommendations surrounding management of Covid-19 are evolving quickly. We are grateful that we can work together to keep our staff, our patients, and our community healthy.